DragonRaids V2.0| Map 4 Release

Discussion in 'DragonRaids Announcements' started by Monjii, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Monjii

Monjii Owner
    Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]
    Finally! Map 4 is now released, I know you guys have been waiting endlessly the past few days for map 4 to be released by I really took my time ensuring that everything was perfect before doing so! The server has already been in beta for the past 48 hours and you have seem to be loving it, I am so pleased to hear that from you guys! In this thread I'll be explaining all the things that have been added and changed in map 4 if you don't already know. We've had multiple changes, no so much new features but complete re-vamps of existing features, I've also removed a few plugins that weren't really used on map 3 and added replacements that I think you guys would really enjoy, all these things will be listed below. As always, I just want to thank all of you loyal players who have been motivating me to work extremely hard on new content and features for DragonRaids! This server wouldn't be at the position that it is right now without any of your support!

So before I do start this post officially I just want to highlight the most important changes that were made to the server for those who are lazy and don't want to read this whole post. So, what's been changed may you ask? The biggest thing that was changed on map 4 was the economy, the economy was terrible, players were able to get iron golems really easily, players intact could get 2 iron golem spawners by just simply winning one both match, this and a lot of other factors definitely contributed in a very weak economy.
    Economy
    As stated a little above, the economy was defiantly the biggest factor I took into consideration when making this map, I really felt that the economy in map 3 was very weak and players could get things a little too easily, I definitely wanted to change that. I took some of the suggestions that you guys had on board when making the economy, for example, @ParkusMersson suggested that we should have a farming based economy rather than a spawner based one, I really felt that this was an amazing idea, which is the reason why sugarcane and cactus sell for a lot more! I made It extremely difficult for players to obtain spawners this map, which has been evident with some of the feedback I've been receiving from you guys.
    This map, I changed the whole economy, all the prices of everything in the shop has been altered, I've added new shops such as potions and deco and took some shops out such as perks. Some of you have been complaining that the price of the spawners are too expensive, and they aren't, they are relative to the economy, so all should be obtainable. Players don't tend to have spawners within the first day of playing the server unlike in map 3 which is what I'm quite happy about, it's quite difficult to start off as a new faction or player but once you get a good hold of it, you should be flying high.

[​IMG]

User Performance
    Alongside the economy, user performance was by far one of the most important factors that I took into account when creating this new map, last map the spawn and especially the warzone was extremely intense to a point where if a new player tried joining they would lag out for about 1 minute before being able to play, this was extremely frustrating to hear from multiple users as it definitely was not my intention when creating the previous map. User performance did not cross my mind once when creating the last map, I took a much more "aesthetics" approach when creating map 3 but I have definitely learnt my lesson from doing so.

This map we have no custom map, one of the biggest reason why we don't have this is to optimise the performance for users who may not have the best laptop or gaming pc to play minecraft on. When creating this new map I really wanted to make this server friendly to a much boarder audience and therefore I chose the option to have a default map. I also thought that having a custom biome map didn't really suit the gamemode, I think for the faction gamemode performance is much more important than aesthetics, so this was another factor I took into consideration when choosing to have a default map. Alongside the map, we also have a very lightweight map and warzone, I don't think I saw any PVP matches in the warzone last map, I'm assuming it's due to the lag, so this map I added a very lightweight warzone that still looks good! In terms of the spawn, the design this map is completely different from last map, last map was a much bigger than the one we currently have, I didn't feel there was such a need for a huge spawn as it's just a waste of space. So this map I've added a much open plan spawn which is smaller, the whole spawn can be seen at once which I really like.

Crop Hoppers

Shoutout to @Caskaded to hooking me up with this idea.

For those who don't know what crop hoppers are, they are essentially hoppers that attract any falling entities or "items" into them. For example, if you would add a crop hopper near a cactus farm, every time a cactus would grow and drop, it will instantly go into the hopper. This will save your cactus from essentially falling into another cactus and destroying itself. Not only do crop hoppers make your farms efficient and save you an awful amount of time, it will also really helps with server lag (especially in the big farms) and with user fps. It could save you about 10 fps which will have a drastic effect on your user gameplay in your base. Now, you may be asking, how do I use this? Well, it's really simple, hold a hopper in your hand and use /converthopper, and you're set! There is no hidden fee or cost attached to this!

[​IMG]

Coinflip
    This a feature that we had in the previous maps however it wasn't configured to be user friendly, no-one really knew how to use it, including myself and it just wasn't an appealing game, not to mention that not a lot of people had no idea it was a feature on the server. In order to try fix this, I tried adding the "dgamble" plugin in map 3 in order to encourage more people to gamble with their money .. I know .. responsible of me right? However, even after adding this feature people simply didn't like the plugin, they left that it wasn't very friendly and not advertised much on the server. So I've been thinking and I really though hard about this decision, I always wanted a gambling feature so I decided to go back to coinflip, I spent probably a good few hours trying to make it perfect and I'm really happy that it's been so successful on the server, the reason why I went to this plugin rather than the previous one was for mainly two reasons, the coinflip plugin allows interaction within two players, which is great, is gets the chat active in comparison to the previous plugin where it was only the player. Also, it broadcasts ingame when a user has won a coinflip, this gets people wondering how they can get involved.

[​IMG]

Chunk Busters
    This a feature that has been added recently to map 4. This simply allows users to save time and trench up to three chunks in a matter of seconds. I really wanted to add this feature as I knew that creating a base from scratch is extremely time consuming and quite boring to do, so hopefully this will speed things up a lot. There is multiple ways of obtaining this item, simply through the store (it is 50m), the crates, or the server store!

[​IMG]

Zeus Pickaxe (11x11) (OP)

Now this is where the fun starts, this was added only yesterday and had no intention of adding this in map 4 but for some reason I just thought it'd be really cool, you guys are loving it so far which is great. This is essentially a pickaxe that breaks an 11 x 11 area, allowing you to trench and mine even faster! I am aware that there's a spelling mistake, I'll fix this within the next few days (someone remind me)

[​IMG]

Bedrock
    This was implemented just a few hours ago! I am currently in the process of making the server a little more OP, after all we are a OP factions server. I've been asking around and spoke to a few players about this and they thought it would a great idea to implement an OP block that has a really high durability, due to this, I have added bedrock to the /shop and the server store for 100m or £39.99 respectively. I do not expect anyone to obtain this for several weeks tho, since it is quite expensive both in game and through the store. It will be ideal for users who are desperate to protect their base, just imagine the impact it could have by just placing this block infront of a cannon .. you'll be saved instantly and it will buy you loads of time!

#1 Monjii, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    AcidicCat and Carcroft like this.
  2. Carcroft

Carcroft Member

Monjii Saltbae.png meme

Monjii likes this.
  3. Caskaded

Caskaded Member

So parkus suggested the farming thing, making spawners hard to get, so that when he uses 5 random spawners, it'll be even more over powered.

4. Monjii

Monjii Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We have come to a comprimisation (I think that's how you spell it)