August Announcement Pt.1| Top Voters & Buffer Limit & More!

Discussion in 'DragonRaids Announcements' started by Monjii, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Monjii

Monjii Owner
    Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]
    20 Chunk Buffer Limit
    Hello everyone, so starting from today, I will be imposing a 20 Chunk buffer limit to all factions. Don't worry if you don't know what this means, I just found out about this today, lol! A buffer is claims of land owned by your faction or an allied faction to have to ability to build walls to defend your base and increase the shooting distance required on a cannon.

This is a diagram to explain how it works:

P.S Ignore where it says invisibility.
    Essentially, what the diagram above is showing is 20 chunks from either side of the base. To put this into perspective, this is essentially 160 walls, or 320 blocks.

[​IMG]

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is a buffer?
    A buffer is claims of land owned by your faction or an allied faction to have to ability to build walls to defend your base and increase the shooting distance required on a cannon.

If we have a large base, does it effect the amount of walls we can have?
    No, the buffer starts counting from the edge of your base wall. not the base itself.

How many walls can we fit in 20 chunks?
    Each chunk is 16 x 16 blocks wide, standard cobblestone walls take up 2 blocks. 8 walls per chunk which totals to 160 walls maximum.

What happens if we claim over the limit?
    First offence: A Staff member will kick any leaders/officers that are online with a message to unclaim any chunks over the limit.
    Second offence: your faction will be disbanded.
    Attempting to bypass the rule by making fake factions or working with another faction and pretending to be enemies to increase your claim on the end of your buffer will result in an immediate disband.

It is your responsibility as a faction owner/officer to make sure you are following this rule.

Can our allies build a base next to us?

Yes, although you must leave a 5 chunk gap between the end of your claims and the start of your allies claims, you cannot merge them together to over-ride the 20 chunk limit.
    Top Voters
    Congratulations to this months top voters! These players have voted their hearts out supporting the server and in return they will receive store credit as a thank you from us. If you were on our top voters leaderboard this month you will be contacted.

1st - Player04 - 128 Votes (25$)
    2nd - Naeem100 - 98 Votes (15$)
    3rd - TC_NightSlashMC - 87 Votes (5$)

Staff Promotions, Demotions and Recruitment
    Changes have been made this month for the staff side of things! From now, all applications that have not been approved will be denied at the end of every month. This will ultimately mean, if you haven't been approved throughout the month already, you will have to make another application at the start of the next month. This will prevent endless waiting times, also, I will personally give a constructive comment on each application when I do deny it so you can know what you are doing wrong or right.

#1 Monjii, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    LMAOOO, D4rkWolfPvP and Phandah like this.
  2. Phandah

Phandah Member

Glad to see new changes coming to the server! :D Getting better day by day!

3. D4rkWolfPvP

D4rkWolfPvP Member

Rip App, Rip Me. My Skill is just to good and people cant accept getting beat in minecraft and when they do they hackusate. Its honestly really sad but it happens! Hopefully my return will be in 3 days if things go right! I have contact with a helper so hopefully he will let me know what amazing thing Monjii is doing

4. D4rkWolfPvP

D4rkWolfPvP Member

I will be back in a 24 hour period due to not using hacks on the server.

5. LMAOOO

LMAOOO New Member

Don't double post :p

Besides that, nice update :)